Infant Bath time. In the pre-motherhood era, it consisted of scented candles, bath foam, bath pearls, and (possibly) a glass of wine. You used to set your own boundaries – if you wanted to spend an hour in the tub, nobody could say a thing. It was a time to relax, get the stress off your body and soul, and rejuvenate all your cells.
But then motherhood stepped in. The post-motherhood bath time has nothing to do with what you remember. Bath time now includes a slippery newborn you have no idea how to bathe AND keep alive or a toddler who ends up having less soap on him than you have on you. The result is (usually) a clean baby and sweating soaked in dirty water mama who cannot believe what just happened to her.
A proper infant bathtub can save you (some of) the frustration bath time is accompanied by. The best baby bathtubs offer security, convenience for the parent, comfort for the baby, and an overall better bathing experience for everyone involved.
Best Infant Bath Tubs
Here are our top 5 best infant bath tubs currently on the market:
1. Fisher-Price 4-in-1 Sling ‘n Seat Tub – Editor’s Choice
Fisher-Price is, undoubtedly, one of the most trusted by parents (and enjoyed by children) toy companies in the world. The world-known American toy company has developed and created thousands of entertaining and educational toys for newborns, toddlers, and preschoolers. Except for toys, Fisher-Price is also famous for its wide range of various infant care products: baby bouncers, baby monitors, baby swings, car seats, high chairs, infant seats, strollers, potties, and, of course, baby tubs.
The design of Fisher-Price 4-in-1 Sling ‘n Seat Tub is gender-friendly and features a white tub with colorful accents in green, blue, and orange. An added bonus is the option of ordering it in frustration-free packaging by Amazon. It is specially designed to be opened without a box cutter or knife (almost too good to be true). The result? Tears of joy in the eyes of parents who are sick of spending a week (plus a ton of nerves) on a single unboxing “experience”.
Fisher-Price 4-in-1 Sling ‘n Seat Tub works from infancy to toddlerhood and is suitable for children up to 25 pounds. It has 4 stages and practically grows with your baby:
Stage 1: Attach the soft mesh sling to the bath tub and let your newborn enjoy bath time while you gently bring him back to his former (clean) glory.
Stage 2: After your baby has outgrown the newborn stage, it’s time to remove the soft mesh sling and add the baby-stopper insert. This way, you can bathe your baby in a gently reclined position on a soft-foam surface. No slipping or sliding, just bath time fun!
Stage 3: When your little one is not happy to be bathed in an (almost) horizontal position and is ready to enjoy his bath white sitting up, the baby stopper insert converts to sit-me-up support. It helps your unsteady sitter feel comfortable and secure, allowing you to give him a bath while he tries to turn the whole bathroom into a huge Jacuzzi.
Stage 4: When you have reached the toddler stage, your little conquistador needs more room to play in his bath tub. All you have to do is remove the sit-me-up support and get ready for the stage in which nobody leaves the bathroom dry…
- It’s convertible, which means you won’t have to buy a new baby bathtub every few months.
- It features a practical hook for easy drying and easy storage – just hang it on the shower rod or towel bar and you’re done.
- It comes with a squeeze bottle and a cute whale scoop.
- It’s easy to use – bath time is not the easiest of times so any help is much appreciated, including a practical bath tub that grows with your baby!
- The fabric sling can go directly in the washer (you should use a soft circle, though).
- The drain plug could be positioned in a better location. Now, it is below the seat and you cannot drain it with your baby sitting in it.
- It is in the higher price range.
If you don’t have restrictions (budget-wise) and you want one of the safest baby bath products that will serve you from the newborn stage all the way to toddlerhood, Fisher-Price 4-in-1 Sling ‘n Seat Tub is the best infant bath tub for you.
2. 4Moms Infant Tub – Best Advanced Design
4Moms was founded in 2006 and has never ceased to amaze parents around the world since then. They use robotics, technology, and innovative design to literally transform the baby gear industry with their advanced design and unseen functionalities.
The design of 4Moms Infant Tub is out of this world. No wonder it got our Best Advanced Design award! Thanks to its unique design, your baby gets a constant flow of clean water. There are special side drains that let dirty water flow out and clean water flow in. What’s more, the built-in digital thermometer lets you know the water temperature at any given time so you never worry whether the water is too warm or too cool. On top of everything, it’s perhaps the best baby bath tub for a sink.
The innovative design is only one of the cool features of 4Moms Infant Tub. There is a special clean water reservoir that makes the flow of clean water easy and convenient for both mom and baby. Perfect for rinsing with the special rinse cup (included in the price)! The digital thermometer is color coded for your convenience. If it is lighted in blue, the water is too cool, if it’s lighted in red, the water is too warm, and if it’s lighted in green, it’s within your baby’s comfort zone. There are also two side drains that guarantee the perfect water depth for your little one.
- Fancy design that fits all bathroom interiors.
- Constant flow of clean water.
- Special side drains for optimum water level.
- Clean water reservoir for easy rinsing.
- Color-coded thermometer for easy temperature check.
- Fits most single and double sinks.
- You can use it from birth until the child can sit up unassisted (only a few months).
- The thermometer requires batteries (2 AAA batteries).
- You might want to consider getting a sponge insert for the newborn’s extra support.
- It is sold at a premium price.
If you are not a fan of traditional infant bathtubs that hold dirty water you have to manually remove and refill with clean warm water, then this tub is for you. Thanks to innovation, the 4Moms Infant Tub has taken baby bathing to the 21st century and modern parents around the world LOVE it!
3. Skip Hop Moby Bath Smart Sling 3-Stage Bathtub – Best Infant bath Tub on a Budget
Skip Hop is an internationally recognized brand offering functional and smartly designed essentials for babies, toddlers, and parents. Their innovative products combine modern design and awesome functionality that make parents’ lives easier and more enjoyable.
Skip Hop Moby Bath Smart Sling 3-Stage Bathtub is a versatile baby tub with a cute whale design (hence its name, Moby). It comes in a nice blue color that would be appreciated both by baby girls and by baby boys.
Skip Hop Moby Bath Smart Sling 3-Stage Bathtub grows with your baby. Here’s what to expect at each stage:
Stage 1: (newborn): lock the dual layered mesh sling higher for full body support of your newborn baby.
Stage 2: lock the dual layered mesh sling lower for seated support for babies who are still learning how to sit.
Stage 3: Once your baby learns how to sit, you can remove the sling altogether and let your baby enjoy his spacious tub without any plastic bumps causing discomfort.
- Suitable for 0m+.
- Grows with baby.
- Easy to hang (thanks to the hook attached).
- Non-slip texture for the interior.
- The drain plug is easy to use.
- It won’t fit a single kitchen sink.
- Not the best fit for small bathrooms (too bulky).
- It could have a bigger opening to fit a cup for rinsing off the baby.
If you have enough space and want to stay within budget, Skip Hop Moby Bath Smart Sling 3-Stage Bathtub is for you. It will serve you well for years and your little one will enjoy bath time in his own whale tub!
4. Puj Tub – The Soft, Foldable Baby Bathtub – Best Foldable Baby Bathtub
The brand Puj Tub promises “to simplify parenthood”. Given the fact that the brand’s owners are parents of four children, we totally understand this desire!
Puj Tub is “the ultimate infant bath tub”, as the brand describes it. Its simplistic, yet genius design makes it the best foldable baby bathtub on the market. It comes in three colors (aqua, grey, and white) and is so easy to fold into position and unfold flat for easy storage that you won’t believe it.
One of the best things about Puj Tub is that it fits almost all standard sinks. It’s not only the fit, though! It is made of mold and mildew-resistant soft foam material that guarantees your baby is feeling comfortable and protected during bath time. There are also two side overflows that don’t let water flow out of the sink.
- It takes up very little space (hangs flat for easy storage).
- Easy to clean (thanks to both its material and its shape).
- It’s mold and mildew resistant.
- Allows water to flow into the sink during bathing.
- Fits most standard sinks.
- Your baby will quickly outgrow it (suitable for up to 6 months).
- You have to be careful when measuring your sink dimensions to make sure it fits well.
If you are a fan of simple solutions and clean design, this bathtub is for you. It takes up very little space, you can take it with you during trips, and you have a decent color choice (unlike other baby bath tubs that have only one color option and that’s it).
Summer Infant Warming Waterfall Bath Tub – Best Warming Infant Bath Tub
Did you know that the founder of Summer Infant invented the first baby bouncy seat for his daughter back in 1985? This is enough evidence for me that he should get a star on the parenthood walk of fame! Summer Infant products are safe and innovative and are designed with durability in mind.
Summer Infant Warming Waterfall Bath Tub is one of the top rated baby bath tubs for a reason. Its design features a milky white base with turquoise blue elements that would look great in any bathroom.
One of the top 5 baby bath tubs, Summer Infant Warming Waterfall Bath Tub grows with your baby and ensures his comfort and safety from infancy through toddlerhood. The best thing about it is its genius warming feature. There is this waterfall-like circulating water keeping your baby’s back warm and comfortable that seals the deal for many parents who want to provide the best bathing experience for their babies.
- Suitable from birth to 2 years.
- Warming feature for extra comfort.
- There are a rinse cup and an oversized washcloth included.
- The removable parent assist tray helps keep all bath essentials within reach.
- The drain hole allows easy emptying.
- The removable bolster is quite handy for use with newborns.
- It’s expensive.
- It’s large (not for use in a kitchen sink).
- The waterfall feature requires batteries (2 C batteries required).
If you are OK with spending more on the best baby bath products, you will love the Summer Infant Warming Waterfall Bath Tub. It’s one of the best baby bathtubs for newborns and will serve you well even after your little one has mastered sitting on their own. The warming feature adds another level of comfort your baby would thank you for (if he could speak).